Let's face it, being a mom is a stressful job. After all, everyone depends on YOU. I take pride in doing things for myself so that I can be rewarded for my hard work. If I do not pamper myself once in a while, I think I would go insane. Below are a variety of different ways in which you can spoil yourself too. No excuses, you deserve it!
- Have a glass of wine and watch a movie you want to see, or your favorite TV show. This is easy because you do not have to spend a bunch of money or even leave your house. When the kids are in bed, get out your wine glass and put on what you want to watch. If your husband or significant other wants to join you, that is up to you. I personally LOVE wine and movie nights with my husband, but you can alter this any way you would like. After all, it is about YOU.
- Organize a girl's night out. Sometimes all you need is some friends and a good time. Whether you enjoy drinking and dancing or dinner and a movie, its always nice to reconnect with your friends. I know how hard it is to keep tight friendships when you have little ones. Once they are in bed and you finish your nightly chores, all you want to do is sit down and relax, not call people on the phone. So, get your sanity back and do whatever it is that you and your friends enjoy the most. Just make sure it is without the kids.
- Get a massage. This is always nice. I have been making it a point to get a massage or a spa day from my husband at least once a year as a gift. It is a perfect get away that will leave you feeling rejuvenated and brand new every time. Massages can be expensive, so if price is a factor, you can always look up your local massage school and make an appointment. They tend to do massages half price, which makes it WAY more affordable.
- Get a mani or pedi. Every girl deserves beautiful hands and feet. You can get one or the other or both, depending on your budget and needs. Frankly, I hate my feet being touched. They are super ticklish; however, I do enjoy a pedicure once in a while, especially during the spring and summer months. You are sure to leave the nail salon feeling a bit better about yourself and feeling more free after having some time away from the kids.
- Get a new haircut or color. Reinvent yourself with a new haircut or color. Not only will it give you a confidence boost, which most moms need anyway, but you will feel brand new. Its like starting out on a clean slate.
Remember, it is important for you to express your needs to do things for you, because our significant others are NOT mind readers. My recommendation is to take time to yourself doing something you enjoy at least once a week, and do one of the above, at least once a month. Stay sane!